We are currently on the lookout – for a limited amount of time – for someone to join us as fellow or secondary co-founders of Way North Studios. This entails investing some amount of time, money and labor in the company in return for founder-status, shared ownership (where the size of the ownership-share depends on the level of investment/commitment) and the opportunity to get in at the ground floor to help develop and grow our business into a self-sufficient and thriving independent game development studio.
This will of course require sacrifice, hard work, strength of character, staying-power and a collective will to succeed. The results of these efforts? Being able to get one’s foot in the door of the game development industry and participate in the creation of some great games; working in a challenging, creative and entertaining environment; (potentially) becoming one’s own boss for once; the chance to create works of entertainment that can inspire joy and excitement in thousands of people all over the world. Oh, and down the road – assuming we play our cards right – there might also be some monetary rewards involved… …if you’re into that sort of thing.
If any of this sounds interesting and you’ve got a passion for games as well as skills and/or experience that you think might be relevant to a startup company focused on independent game development – contact us and we’ll talk details!
Some examples of skills/experiences that might come in handy, though this is by no measure a complete list, and we might not need all of these from the get-go:
- General experience with game development (indie games, console games, mobile games, AAA games, board-games, card-games, Pen&Paper roleplaying games, etc.)
- Digital Artistry (3D modeling, animations, graphical design, digital painting, concept art, pixel art, etc.)
- Writing of any kind (Novels, novellas, poems, Pen&Paper RPG modules/adventures, philosophical treatises on the virtues of seaweed, fan-fiction, etc.)
- PR and marketing (social media expert, community building, PR, marketing, talking to the press, etc.)
- Experience with startups (preferably in the tech/software development/Internet/Web-sector)
- Anything else you might find relevant (The most unlikely of skills or experiences can turn out to be useful in game development)!
Join us, and with our combined strength we can bring fresh, new games to the galaxy!