At the moment we are working on the early prototype for our first game – The Tavern – which we are creating in Unity.
It has a split focus between solo adventuring and socializing/interacting with other players in social hubs, aka taverns. Each adventure consists of a self-contained short-story where the player chooses his path through the world in order to arrive at the end of the story and resolve the adventure objective. Randomization, branching choices, unique events, rare monster encounters and special character class abilities all help making each adventure a unique experience for the player.
However, every adventure has both a beginning and an end, and all the adventures in this game both start and end in a tavern. Here, would-be heroes and adventurers gather to chat, drink, boast about their latest heroic achievements, compete in a number of mini-games or challenge each other to friendly duels.
- Pseudo-medieval sword & sorcery-like fantasy world
- Central hubs – taverns – for social interactions with other players
- Multiplayer interactions through mini-games and duels in taverns
- Story-oriented solo-adventures with random locations, events and encounters
- Character classes with unique abilities and traits
- Random monster encounters and rare events
- Simple, turn-based combat
- Limited demand on your time
- Permanent death
- Character customization
- Powered by Unity
- Developed for PC, Mac and Linux
By making this game we’re hoping to…
- …bring back a style of play that promotes socialization and interaction between players that is not based on social media spam
- …foster community-building centered around a central hub-location (taverns!) and friendly competition between players
- …let players experience entertaining and interactive short-stories through stand-alone adventures that can be started and finished in a reasonable amount of time
- …encourage players to focus on the journey instead of the reward at the end of the journey
More news, information, screenshots and videos of the game will be made available on the game’s website as development progresses. No release date has been set for the game yet.